Monday, August 12, 2013

More From France

I got all too used to waiting for the smell of coffee to waft up the top floor where my shared room with olive leaf wall paper lay nestled under the roof.  Our kitchen, as opposed to the working kitchen where the big meals were prepared, sported an assortment of crockery and handpainted cupboards. Although the coffe made was just a sort of everyday Arabica, after a 30 year hiatus I was in love again.

Early morning view from one of the bathrooms at La Masion Verte in Roujan.

Looking into the courtyard. Note the wrought iron railing,  the different sorts of railings on the houses were a study all their own.

A window in the "morning room" where we gathered for coffee and croissants.

Yes, I lived, for a time, in a house with chandeliers, it is true.

This dregs of a coffe drink is not from France but from the Heathrow Airport where the food and food choices are actually quite good and you can get free WiFi. 

9 comments:

PJ said...

I lived in France as a child, it has affected everything that I've ever done.

Andrew Stone said...

It looks like a cute place. Terraces and balconies and gardens. The stuff of the kind of vacations I like.....

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

What a wonderful adventure. I do love coffee, so I would be in heaven for sure.

xx

RG said...

Coffee - France - Morning. They ought to bottle and sell it!

Thanks for leaving us wanting!

SixBunnies said...

Oh, such nice memories! I like to pretend those are my memories! I imagine how amazing the trip was!

Little Miss Titch said...

lovely memories!xx Rachel

bunnits said...

So lovely. The colors and patterns and beautiful countryside. I know you are having a wonderful time.

MoB said...

this looks like a marvellous trip

Unknown said...

So lovely ^^
Agence immobilière casablanca